10/04-10/13- Sukkot Break
10/08- SIHA Sukka Party
11/07- Election Day- Teacher In Service Day- No Sessions
11/09- Discovery Day I
11/15-11/16- Parent Teacher Conferences
11/23-11/24- Thanksgiving Recess
11/30- SIHA Open House
The SIHA Campaign is raising funds to help SIHA grow into an independent, thriving community school. Join us today to make SIHA education a reality for Jewish children of Staten Island for years to come!
Staten Island Hebrew Academy is revolutionizing the education of children from unaffiliated Jewish families by offering a superior academic curriculum while nurturing a deep love and appreciation for the students' Jewish heritage. Most students come from the unaffiliated Russian-Jewish community.
- Semi-Departmentalized and STEAM Enriched
- Singapore Math Curriculum
- Orton Gillingham Reading Approach
- Diversified and Multi-Sensory Instruction
- Meaningful Culture Centered Judaic Curriculum
- Art and Music Enrichment
- Student Centered
- Highly Individualized Educational Approach
- Loving and Nurturing Environment
- Diverse After-School Activities
- Highly Experienced Teachers
- Exam and Interview-Based Enrollment
Registration for grades k-7 for the 2017-2018 School Year is Now Open
We achieve success by combining a rigorous, enriching secular curriculum with a strong emphasis on character development. Ethics, empathy and moral values are taught and modeled daily, taking root in the traditional teachings of the Torah and the rich history and culture of the Jewish people.
Superior academic curriculum emphasizes logical and creative problem solving skills through rigorous Math and Science instruction and develops a life-long love of reading and writing through English Language Arts, all while teaching the knowledge and pride of what it means to be a Jew.